Where and when is the next FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2027?
Aug 21 – This year’s Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand came to an end on Sunday as Spain beat England 1-0 in the final to claim their maiden title.
Here is what you need to know about the 2027 FIFA Women’s World Cup, which will be the 10th edition of the quadrennial tournament:
WHERE WILL THE 2027 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP TAKE PLACE?
* FIFA have received four expressions of interest from prospective hosts for the 2027 edition of the Women’s World Cup.
* Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands have submitted a joint expression of interest to host the tournament while the other joint proposal includes the United States and Mexico. Brazil and South Africa have also expressed interest.
* The final bids will be submitted in December, following which FIFA will conduct on-site inspections.
* The hosts for the tournament will be appointed at FIFA’s Congress in May next year.
WHEN WILL THE 2027 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP TAKE PLACE?
* FIFA is yet to announce the exact dates for the tournament.
HOW MANY TEAMS WILL FEATURE IN THE 2027 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP?
* Like this year’s event in Australia and New Zealand, the 2027 Women’s World Cup will feature 32 teams.
* The tournament will begin with a group stage, with teams divided into eight groups of four, followed by knockout matches.
WHICH TEAMS WILL FEATURE IN THE 2027 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP?
* The qualifying process for the tournament is yet to begin.
Compiled by Aadi Nair in Bengaluru, editing by Pritha Sarkar
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
The post Where and when is the next FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2027? appeared first on Reuters.